Norman Motorcycles Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help finding b2s parts

3 posters

Go down

Need help finding  b2s parts Empty Need help finding b2s parts

Post  jconway651 Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:04 am

Hello new to forum.
I recently aquired what i believe to be a norman b2s fitted with the 197cc villiers 9E engine.
Its been use for trials and so tank is dinged rusted and grotty and sheet metal work at back is non existent. Where to i find such items. I went to classic auto jumble at cheltenham racecoarse but all seemed to be for nortons and vellocettes and vincents. Does this bike share a tank and metal work with any other makes. I know the engine was common to many bikes in the 50's. Any help or info would be great. Oh and also want new wheels.
Look forward to hearing from anyone who can help.
Thanks in advance Joe

jconway651

Back to top Go down

Need help finding  b2s parts Empty Re: Need help finding b2s parts

Post  mr.rabbit Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:56 am

Hello Joe.You have choices,you could make up a trials replica.Norman trials bikes were very successful in their day and are now rare but lovely.Sometimes odd parts come up on eBay.Wheels and brakes were often the same or similar to other lightweights such as Francis Barnet or James and would be an acceptable way of getting your bike back on the road.The club had some fibreglass panels made up to replace the rear side covers,there might be some left.If you study pictures of contemporary 2 stroke machines you will see that other small manufacturers used front and rear mudguards that look virtually identical to the ones used by Normans.I do not know if they were bought in components,firms such as Panther,Ambassador and Excelsior.The tank could pose a bit of a problem but there are firms who could repair yours.Engine and transmission spares are not too much of a problem,there are still firms which carry lots of Villiers spares.Obviously our Normans are not in the same price range as Goldstars or Bonnevilles so the cost of a restoration must not be allowed to go mad,but when finished you will find that you have an unusual machine that is a pleasure to ride.Let us know how you get on.Paul

mr.rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  jconway651 Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:44 am

Thanks for the advice. Just spoke with the Norman owners club and now things are strting too look alloy rosier. He's got a tank and is able to order me some side panels when I'm a member. Also helped with sorceing of the tools boxs for panels and recomended somewhere to get rims,spokes and tyres. Apparently won't be abl to get the mudgaurds so gonna go with alu ones like on The b2 sportster. Cheers for the help can't wait till it's done.

jconway651

Back to top Go down

Post  dannyc7147 Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:01 pm

I dont know if it would help but I have an original B2C manual and parts list. It details all of the components fitted to the B2C with pictures. If you want me to I can send you some scans. I know its a C rather than an S but may be of interest?

dannyc7147

http://www.norman-cycles.bravehost.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down