Norman Motorcycles Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

norman nippy restoration

4 posters

Go down

norman nippy restoration Empty norman nippy restoration

Post  Jungle123 Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi i have recently fallen in love with and bought a Norman Nippy that needs a lot of restoration! Luckily i have a pair of very keen bikers on my side to help as this is my first bike, but they have only rebuilt newer, larger more powerful bikes and we are all feeling a little clueless as to how to fix up this beauty. I will attach some photos and info so you can have a look, any helpful comments warmly welcomed. Thank you!
Vintage 1958 Norman Nippy 50cc moped.
complete bottom end (no top end) Sachs 50cc engine, Villiers silencer and Bing carb and rolling chassis/frame are the only bits i have
The paint is original and many of the original decals are evident. the Sachs bottom end turns freely and appears to be in good condition and there is no corrosion inside the tank.
Any ideas if it actually is 1958 and what model it is?
how do i get hold of new parts? the top of the engine thats missing, lights, wiring loom, indicators, pedals, sprocket, tires ect... i am researching what i can but i'm hoping for a poke in the right direction. Thanks, Sammie

norman nippy restoration Nman_111

Jungle123

Back to top Go down

norman nippy restoration Empty Re: norman nippy restoration

Post  mr.rabbit Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:35 am

Hello Sammie,Your Nippy looks very smart and well worth restoring.If you go to Google and find a site called icenicam you will be able to download their magazine.In the magazine you will find adverts for some useful people who might be able to supply your needs.When I restored my Nippy I managed to get all sorts of bits through the mag.Keep us posted about your restoration.Paul

mr.rabbit

Back to top Go down

norman nippy restoration Empty nippy engine parts

Post  motorwiz Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:31 am

Hi, I have a lot of Sachs engine parts all used but if you reply I can see if I have anything useful. I have 3 nippys one with a Sachs engine one Villiers and one Mival. some frame parts are comon but some are completely different, for example the headlamp nacelle one is metal and the other two different types pf plastic.
Motorwiz

motorwiz

Back to top Go down

norman nippy restoration Empty 1958 Nippy

Post  smallbike Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:58 am

It is a 1958 MK 2 with plunger rear springs
smallbike

smallbike

Back to top Go down

norman nippy restoration Empty Re: norman nippy restoration

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content