Norman Motorcycles Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

46 Norman parts

2 posters

Go down

46 Norman parts Empty 46 Norman parts

Post  bayonet1234 Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:08 am

Greetings from across the pond. While I mainly deal with HD parts recently I came across a 46ish Norman frame with girder front end seat wheels and some foot controls. Was not sure at first what I had then i lucked out and saw the front end matched the photos of the 46 Norman and after looking at everything else this is what I had. How it got to Belleville ,Michigan I don't know probably a good story. Would like to help out fellow collectors. Items are a bit crusty but solid.

bayonet1234

Back to top Go down

46 Norman parts Empty 46 Norman

Post  mr.rabbit Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:43 pm

Hello Bayonet,How would a little old Norman make it to Michigin?Maybe taken home by an American serviceman who was in England.Compared to American machines of the day it must have looked like a motorised bicycle.In 1946, Britain had very strict petrol rationing so such small machines were the only way for people to travel.Even here getting parts for a restoration might be a problem but not impossible,even so an interesting project.My Norman is 150 ccs and compared to modern bikes is very slow but still great to ride on a summer's evening just for fun.Please let us know if you do anything with your bike.Cheers Paul

mr.rabbit

Back to top Go down

46 Norman parts Empty norman

Post  bayonet1234 Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:53 pm

Paul, thanks for the reply I don't have enough time or parts for a restoration so I will probably jusy ebay the parts.
Regards
Carl

bayonet1234

Back to top Go down

46 Norman parts Empty Re: 46 Norman parts

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down