Norman Motorcycles Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new member just saying hello!

3 posters

Go down

new member just saying hello! Empty new member just saying hello!

Post  norman nippy 1956 Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:00 pm

just joined this website so though i would stop by and say hello! i have a really nice condition norman nippy mark 1 from 1956 red with the sachs 2 speed engine!

norman nippy 1956

http://normannippy1956@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

new member just saying hello! Empty Re: new member just saying hello!

Post  mr.rabbit Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:01 am

Hello 'new member'.What,s your name.Coventry was my home town but it is a bit far to ride to our Windmill meeting from.Is your machine on the road?I potter around the lanes of Kent on my Nippy and have ridden with the National Autocycle and Cyclemotor Club a few times and enjoyed their company.Keep in touch Paul.

mr.rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  norman nippy 1956 Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:37 am

hello mr rabbit, yeah my nippy is m o t'd and taxed just six months ago after not been on the road since 1966! my nippy is in very good original condition-quite a rarity i'm told! i have just bought a phillips gadabout deluxe 3 to go with it lol! if you are on facebook my name is lee scrimgeour and my profile piccy is a 2004 mercedes e class! friend me if you like and i'll show you some piccy's.would love to see your nippy and have a chat! Cheers!

norman nippy 1956

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnMac Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Hi Lee

Welcome to the club. I have recenty bought a Model C registered on the last day of December 1956. I wonder if mine is one the last of the Model C's and yours one of the first of the Nippy's or did Norman make both models at the same time. My Model C is rough and will need a fair bit of work to get it back on the road. While the frame, mudguards, wheels and petrol tank are relatively rust free it is missing the engine covers and chainguards. It was taxed until 1974 so it must have given good service to its previous owners.

All the best

John

JohnMac
JohnMac

Back to top Go down

Post  norman nippy 1956 Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:14 pm

cool john you can also find me on facebook if you like! Lee scrimgeour is my name ( merc profile piccy and i will show you mine lol! My nippy is registered 1/7/1956 so mine is real early then! my frame number is n507 so if they made 600 mopeds a week maybe mine was made in the first week! cheers lee. would love to see yours.i also have a phillips gadabout deluxe 3 with is very much like my nippy even the colour is the same!

norman nippy 1956

Back to top Go down

Post  mr.rabbit Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:23 am

Hello Lee,if you click onto News Update before you go anywhere else on the site and scroll down you will find some pictures of my Nippy.It is the gold one 942 RKO.The colour is as near as I could get to the original when I rebuilt the bike after it had been abandoned in a shed since nobody knows when.I bought lots of bits on Ebay and also bought a couple of derelict machines for parts.Originally it had a Mival engine in it which was used by Basil to make up an engine for his Nippy(the black one in one of the pictures)My engine was rebuilt with new parts from Villiers spares and parts of another engine.I do have another running Nippy but am having trouble getting it registered so it might just have to end up being used for fun around the fields,something that happened to many old Nippys years ago.Cheers Paul

mr.rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  norman nippy 1956 Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:53 am

can't find news update lol! very hard to see alot of things on here.got photobucket signs everwhere,some covering things up!

norman nippy 1956

Back to top Go down

Post  mr.rabbit Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:28 pm

Hello Lee,I don't know what the Photobucket signs are for or even how to get round them.When you open the site scroll down from the heading and you will find NEWS UPDATE.Cheers Paul

mr.rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnMac Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:28 pm

Apologies for posting my reply to Lee and Paul (re New Member) under the wrong heading (John Punnet)

John Mac
JohnMac
JohnMac

Back to top Go down

Post  norman nippy 1956 Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:03 pm

i know what you mean now, on the main norman website! yeah your gold one is lovely! what date was yours made i noticed your speedo is in the handlebars ,mine is in the headlamp! you'll certainly get noticed on that lol! Cheers!

norman nippy 1956

Back to top Go down

Post  mr.rabbit Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:48 am

Hello Lee.My Nippy was first registered in 1961,so it could well be one of the last made in Ashford before the manufacture was taken over by Raleigh.I used to know lots of people who worked at the Ashford factory(I live about 5 miles from there)and there were lots of Norman owners nearby.That explains why I wanted one,first I looked for a Norman bicycle but found a Norman motorcycle instead then I bought my first Nippy but I still haven't got a bicycle.I am going out,today,on the motorbike for a ride around the lanes with a mate of mine and we will call into a cafe for a fry up and then wander home.Naughty but nice!Cheers Paul

mr.rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  norman nippy 1956 Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:38 pm

cool sounds nice, just bought a honda melody today lol! got 3 mopeds now so i better stop going on e-bay!

norman nippy 1956

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down