Norman Motorcycles Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello to everyone

2 posters

Go down

Hello to everyone Empty Hello to everyone

Post  bad sandwich Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:50 am

Hello folks Very Happy , i recently bought 2 Norman pushbikes one dated from 1952 and the other 1954, as i'd never heard of the brand before, i decided to look it up on the net, lo and behold there you where. Do you have any interest in the cycling side of the company or are you purely for the motorbikes. If i get a chance i might nip over and pay a visit to the museum, as i only live in Tunbridge wells. All the best, Mark

bad sandwich

Back to top Go down

Hello to everyone Empty Re: Hello to everyone

Post  mr.rabbit Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:52 am

Hello Mark.Welcome.I have been looking for a Norman gent's bike for years,I have come across a few ladie's Normans but no gent's.I live near Ashford and used to know lots of people who worked at the factory so always had an interest in the bikes and motorbikes.One day a friend rang me to say "that he had a Norman bike for sale and would I be interested?when I got to his shed the bike was a Norman motorcycle not a pushbike.Glad to say both my wife and I fell for it which started my involvement with the club.If you can, please bring your machines to our club meeting at the Willesborough Windmill in May we would like to see them.Cheers Paul.

mr.rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  bad sandwich Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:15 am

Hello Paul, it was great to hear from you. Yes i heard Normans are quite hard to get hold of; I think it was a pure fluke that i managed to pick up 2 in a matter of a week. I got them both for the princely sum of £83.
I'm sorry to say that they aren't in the best of condition and i think i've got a lot of hard work ahead of me to get them into any sort of reasonable condition. If you know of anyone who might have some parts laying around they don't want, i'd be happy to take them off their hands for a reasonable price. I'm not flush with money so this is going to be on a very tight budget. When you bought the Norman motorcycle was it a runner or did it need work? I've been a motorcyclist for over 30 years and i'd never even heard of the company until recently. I got back into cycling because my biking days are numbered as i have severe arthritis on my hips and it's just getting harder to hold the damn thing up. I've got a few motorbikes in various stages of completion. I've got a Ratted cx500, 1981 GS550 Suzuki,1979 XS650 hardtail chop and a 1972 CB250K. I'd like to bring the Normans along and get to meet you all at the same time. Have a good weekend.
All the very best, Mark

bad sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post  mr.rabbit Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:20 am

Hello Mark.sorry I don't know of any Norman bike bits.When I bought my first Norman motorbike it was a runner,just,as it had been standing in a shed for 8 years after somebody sold off the registration number and then abandoned the poor little thing.It did not take to much other than a good service and a respray to bring it up to scratch.When I joined the club,the lovely Uncle Ron Warrener found me a picture of the bike when it had it's original number on it.The number is probably now on some great big Merc or something.Since then I have enjoyed the bike for rides around the lanes and a couple of VMCC club runs,I don't enjoy riding it on ,main roads because it will only do about 40 to 45 mph and I don't fancy the idea of being run over by a large impatient truck.I have a big AJS that I use for bigger journeys,I understand your problem about riding big machines as I find that the AJS is a lot heavier to lift onto it's stand than it was a few years ago,funny that it does not look any fatter.Cheers Paul

mr.rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum