Norman Motorcycles Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nippy control cables

3 posters

Go down

Nippy control cables Empty Nippy control cables

Post  Kitworth Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:32 pm

Hi Norman folk!

can anyone tell me where I can buy NOS or replica cables for a '59 Nippy/3k engine?

cheers

Kitworth

Back to top Go down

Nippy control cables Empty Re: Nippy control cables

Post  mr.rabbit Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:01 am

Hello Kitworth,you can get the engine control cables(clutch,gear and throttle cables)from Villiers Spares.They supply new old stock.The front brake cable will have to be made up,perhaps by a motorcyle shop or you might be lucky with ebay(look under Norman spares,in the motorcycle parts section).The other possibility is a company called Mopedland.Let us know how you get on Paul

mr.rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  motorwiz Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:28 am

I have bought several cables on e bay but The Nippys I have have different front brake cables. I am having to resort to modifying a cable and using a solderless nipple so I can adjust the length of the inner.
On another subject I have had a pair of white handle bar grips made by Jeff Hunter Engineering e mail jeffalanhunter@aol.com. The only thing now is I am worried about getting them dirty.

motorwiz

Back to top Go down

Post  mr.rabbit Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:00 am

Hello Motorwiz.DO NOT USE A SOLDERLESS NIPPLE ON A BRAKE CABLE.They can slip and you could find yourself with no brakes and even at 30 MPH that could hurt.If the MOT man saw it the bike would fail.Cheers Paul

mr.rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  motorwiz Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:01 am

I bought this bike taxed and tested. The front brake cable was attached to the brake lever with an electrical connection not even a solderless nipple. I have not had problems with them if properly fitted. The twist grip which is original does not have a nipple either but a grub screw.

motorwiz

Back to top Go down

Nippy control cables Empty Cheap New Nippy Tyres!

Post  Kitworth Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:40 pm

Mr Rabbit,

cheers for the leads on finding Nippy cables, I will chase them up soon and report back. Good news on
finding some new 19'' tyres for the bike: c.wylde and sons stock 2.00 x 19/2.25 x 19 Mitas (Czech R)
for only £14 each! Quality is good, what's not to like at that price?

regards

Kit

Kitworth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down