Norman Motorcycles Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Timing Villiers 6E engine

2 posters

Go down

Timing Villiers 6E engine Empty Timing Villiers 6E engine

Post  B2 DK Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:06 pm

I have some problem in getting the timing right – it's very difficult to get started. You would really appreciate if someone could explain the timing setting in an easy way.

I have followed the guidance in the instruction book – the arrow timing mark on the flywheel aligned with mark in the armature plate – rotate the flywheel without turning the crankshaft until the points open 015” and piston is at the top position – but it doesn't start – backfire either the through the carburettor or the exhaust.

I have fresh petrol, armature plate has been rebuild by Villers Services and sparkplug is new.

…still I must be doing something wrong…help is highly appreciated thanks

Regards
Lars

B2 DK

Back to top Go down

Timing Villiers 6E engine Empty Re: Timing Villiers 6E engine

Post  mr.rabbit Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:03 am

Hello Lars,do you know if the flywheel is the original one for your engine?When you set the timing, as written in the book, tighten the flywheel nut then check that the marks are still in the right place because sometimes the flywheel moves as you tighten the nut.Make sure that you have the correct type of sparking plug for your engine and set the carburettor as in the book,in theory the engine should start.Good luck.Paul

mr.rabbit

Back to top Go down