Norman Motorcycles Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help and Info needed

5 posters

Go down

Help and Info needed Empty Help and Info needed

Post  Jeff Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:40 am

Hello all,
I am a new forum member, from Australia. I have what I believe to be a Norman autocycle, about 1953 vintage. Have had it for many years and I am about to start rebuilding it. I stripped it all down 4 years ago, including pulling the wheels apart to get the rimes re-plated. I lost the photo's I had of the spoke pattern! So I have a heap of spokes, two bright shiny rims, and no idea how to thread the spokes. I would really appreciate a close up picture of front and back wheels showing the spoke pattern.

I will also need help in the near future with regards to finding some rings for the Villiers engine,and a few other things too.

Many thanks in advance for help offered. Might be best to email pics direct to me at celticsoles@impulse.net.au

Jeff

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Help and Info needed Empty villiers spares

Post  mr.rabbit Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:39 am

Hello Jeff.I can't help with the wheels but I can suggest a firm that are really helpful with Villiers parts,for your rings.www.motoward.com I have bought all sorts of Villiers parts from them for my Nippy and my B2S.

mr.rabbit

Back to top Go down

Help and Info needed Empty Wheel rims and spokes

Post  motorwiz Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:00 am

I have just removed the spokes from my nippy wheels if you e mail me I will send photos of my wheels before I removed spokes j_brooking.motorwiz@tiscali.co.uk

motorwiz

Back to top Go down

Help and Info needed Empty Autocycle Wheels

Post  JohnMac Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:43 am

Jeff

I found Sheldon Browns web site very helpful when learning to build autocycle wheels. http://www.sheldonbrown.com/wheelbuild.html

Its for bicycle wheels but I'm sure the same rules apply for autocycles. He provides links to sites that enable you to calculate spoke length for the rim diameter, hub dimensions and lacing pattern (eg SPOCALC). Maybe you could work backwards and figure out the lacing pattern from the dimensions of the spokes that you have.

On my Norman Motobyks the pattern on both front and back wheels is Cross 2 on the left (brake) side and Cross 3 on the right side, but it may well be different on your Model C. On the right hand side the first cross is very close to the hub.

Good luck

John
JohnMac
JohnMac

Back to top Go down

Help and Info needed Empty norman autocycle

Post  Ron WARRENER Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi Jeff
I have asked for a picture of a model C to be added to the gallery, the picture has been taken from an original handbook hope it is of some help. Smile

Ron Warrener

Ron WARRENER

Back to top Go down

Help and Info needed Empty Re: Help and Info needed

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down