Norman Motorcycles Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model C Engine Covers

3 posters

Go down

Model C Engine Covers Empty Model C Engine Covers

Post  fierybrew Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:23 am

Hi All

Just joined the forum and hope someone may be able to help with my restoration.

I've had a model C in the shed for a number of years and have decided its time to pull it out and give it some attention. The bike is complete with the exception of the engine covers which like most were discarded by a previous owner years ago.

As the chances of finding a replacement set are slim I'm thinking about trying to fabricate some from sheet material. With only photos to work from that will probably mean a lot of trial and error before I get anything that looks right.

Has anyone on this forum got a set of originals that would be willing to help with measurements/pattern or has make replicas before?.

Regards Roy

fierybrew

Back to top Go down

Model C Engine Covers Empty Model C Engine Covers

Post  JohnMac Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:25 pm

[quote="fierybrew"]Hi All

"Has anyone on this forum got a set of originals that would be willing to help with measurements/pattern or has make replicas before?"

Unfortunately my Model C like most of the others also lacks engine covers. Since there is not much activity on this forum, it might be worth your while to post on the MACC forum. I know that there is a guy on that who does have a Model C with engine covers.

JohnMac
JohnMac
JohnMac

Back to top Go down

Model C Engine Covers Empty model c engine covers

Post  adamk Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:00 pm

fierybrew wrote:Hi All
Please send me a message to my private email and I will make the effort this week to send you and john a template
Best wishes
adamKnopp @hotmail.co.uk
Just joined the forum and hope someone may be able to help with my restoration.

I've had a model C in the shed for a number of years and have decided its time to pull it out and give it some attention. The bike is complete with the exception of the engine covers which like most were discarded by a previous owner years ago.

As the chances of finding a replacement set are slim I'm thinking about trying to fabricate some from sheet material. With only photos to work from that will probably mean a lot of trial and error before I get anything that looks right.

Has anyone on this forum got a set of originals that would be willing to help with measurements/pattern or has make replicas before?.

Regards Roy

adamk

Back to top Go down

Model C Engine Covers Empty re engine covers

Post  adamk Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:02 pm

JohnMac wrote:
fierybrew wrote:Hi All
Hi John, sorry for being so slack. I rarely go on this forum, and I knew you were referring to me. If you send me a private message to my email with your address etc, I will try asap to get a template sent out to you
Best wishes
adamknopp@hotmail.co.uk
"Has anyone on this forum got a set of originals that would be willing to help with measurements/pattern or has make replicas before?"

Unfortunately my Model C like most of the others also lacks engine covers. Since there is not much activity on this forum, it might be worth your while to post on the MACC forum. I know that there is a guy on that who does have a Model C with engine covers.

JohnMac

adamk

Back to top Go down

Model C Engine Covers Empty Re: Model C Engine Covers

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down