Norman Motorcycles Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Argyll

2 posters

Go down

Hello from Argyll Empty Hello from Argyll

Post  dai,w Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:28 am

Hello All, just to say hello, my wife <Janice> and i have just got an 1936 Norman tricycle, need some help , cant find any pictures on internet, needing head stock badge, what saddle sould be fitted ? frame 17 inch from crank to where saddle post fits, is this the standard size? can we get bigger? the tricycle is to replace a Jack Taylor tandem, <now needing a new home> we could not get the hang of it, the tricycle now lives in a crowded garage with nine and a half other bicycles-cyclemotors, an 1933 austin 7 box saloon, model steam engines, toy cars, am taking it to the Bigger classic w/e, Selkirk classic w/e. hope next year to make one of windmill days.
looking foreward to using the site, and thank you in advance for your help,
Cheers Dai West.
PS any members in Argyll, or any where in Scotland.

dai,w

Back to top Go down

Hello from Argyll Empty Re: Hello from Argyll

Post  mr.rabbit Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:46 am

Hello Dai.I like the sound of your toy collection.If you need transfers try the VMCC.shop they do transfers for all sorts if motor cycles and they might have a suitable one for your trike.I got some very good transfers for my Nippy from them.I never reached the dizzy heights of a Jack Taylor tandem but I do have a tatty prewar Claud Butler tandem that I must finish painting one day.Cheers Paul

mr.rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  dai,w Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi Mr Rabbit,
Thank you for the welcome, we attend some Scotish shows each year, but other wise we just play with our toys, but they all have to be able to do a turn at the shopping, work, recycleing runs etc, i have been using the tricycle as transport in our village, dispite hills, and a lack of gears, the Austin 7 when its any distance, or looking wet,or large shop, Cyclemaster when its just me , bikes for local runs,and work, when the sun shines, or might shine,
well to needs, one a headstock badge for the tricycle, pair of Norman bicycle pedels, and any imfo or pictures etc on Norman tricycles. any help gratefully recived Dai.

PS latest joke on my ward "what do you call half a rabbit ? answer Rab"

dai,w

Back to top Go down

Post  mr.rabbit Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:16 am

Better than being called Bit anyway.In the sixties I saw somebody cutting up a yard full of Austin Sevens and when I said" you can't do that it's cruel" he suggested that perhaps I would like to buy them.So I bought 5 of them and had to clear the site that day,so I dragged them home and parked them in my field.Some I sold,some I dismantled for bits and one of them I restored.After a while someone pestered and pestered to buy it so eventually I sold it to him(I think for about £50)I am pleased to say that he still has it and still enjoying it.Cheers Paul

mr.rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum