Norman Motorcycles Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1953 B2C Trials Tank Transfers

2 posters

Go down

1953 B2C Trials Tank Transfers Empty 1953 B2C Trials Tank Transfers

Post  stomsuk Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:13 am

I have just purchased a 1953 B2C for restoration and I would like to know where I can purchase a set of tank transfers? Any help would be appreciated?

stomsuk

Back to top Go down

1953 B2C Trials Tank Transfers Empty transfers

Post  mr.rabbit Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:56 am

Hello Stomsuk,was the bike you bought the one I saw on ebay?.The transfers might be avaiable from The Veteran Motorcycle Club,that's where I found some Nippy transfers which worked well and looked good.

mr.rabbit

Back to top Go down

1953 B2C Trials Tank Transfers Empty Thank you, and further questions?

Post  stomsuk Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:53 am

Hi
Yes, it was the one on Ebay. It has turned out to be a nice easy project as the engine has already been rebuilt. Very Happy
Thanks for the info on the transfers. I have ordered a set from th VMCC.
start
I have 2 further questions:
1) Is anyone still able to supply new fork springs?
2) How do I go about finding the original registration number of the bike?

Regards
Shaun

stomsuk

Back to top Go down

1953 B2C Trials Tank Transfers Empty Reg. numbers

Post  mr.rabbit Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:13 am

Hello Shaun,I am not sure where you can get springs.I have seen adverts for people who can make new ones to order,if you get hold of one of the classic bike magazines they might help.A subscription only magazine called Old Bike Mart will have the details you need if you can find someone with a copy.Do you have any details at all about the registration number?Without any documents,eg.tax disc or old mot etc.you will struggle.If you have the number,on an old number plate you might be able to find out where it was first registered and then contact the local D.V.L.A. office and they might help.I contacted my local county archives office and got the original registration details from them,for my Nippy,and then got onto the D.V.L.A. web site and found out how to re register my bike.You will almost certainly find it easier to visit the local D.V.L.A. office rather than phoning as they don't seem to like answering the phone much.If you know the original number a chap called Mike Worthington-Williams is a mine of information and might be able to help you.If all else fails you can get an age related number for your bike.Cheers Paul

mr.rabbit

Back to top Go down

1953 B2C Trials Tank Transfers Empty Reg Numbers

Post  stomsuk Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:02 am

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I do not have any documentation at all so will try a bit of detective work before applying for an age related plate. I will let you know how I get on.

Cheers
Shaun

stomsuk

Back to top Go down

1953 B2C Trials Tank Transfers Empty Re: 1953 B2C Trials Tank Transfers

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down